All being well, there will be twenty-two #littlemakes this year (for in December we shall cover it in tinsel and call it #Christmaslittlemakes) and it is already time for Week Two (which is actually the third Friday in January because this is fortnightly) are you keeping up?
The time seems to be galloping away in our household and the kids appear to grow hourly, but we are still making the effort to take time to do some making each week. I am particularly enjoying finding crafts that my 2.5 year old can actually do himself, rather than ones the parent ends up doing (although who am I kidding, I love those too!) With a 6 month old to factor in now, it is really important for me that I can set up some crafts and then for some of the making at least, I am able to let Aiden’s hands do all the making whilst I nurse his sister or change her. I have seen the benefits of this in Aiden too as he has become less unsure of ‘making a mess’ and really wants to have his independence. Independence is a wonderful empowering thing and is particularly beautiful when I see Aiden using his creativity and imagination independently. I think it was particularly evident in my post for this week’s #Littlemakes, Dinosaur Day Makes for a Toddler.
Jemma over at Thimble and Twig and I, were so happy to get to read all the great posts linked up for Week One. My personal favourite being the In Our Hands Time Capsule post from The Mama Story. Such a simple yet super effective thing to do that we will definitely be trying out ourselves.
We loved all your posts so much in fact that we wanted to share them far and wide and also to keep them all nicely organised together (Jemma is a teacher and I’m German. Stereotypes sometimes are just spot on!) so we have decided to make #littlemakes it’s very own Pinterest board. Head over here to check it out. If you join our linky we will be adding your post to our Pinterests sp join in today! (That was meant to sound inclusive not menacing)
Remember folks #littlemakes is for everyone. Seriously, if you’ve made it,we want to see it. So any arts & crafts, macaroni picture frames, heavenly bakes, paintings of your cat, DIY disasters (yeah ok success stories welcome too), everything is allowed. All we ask is that you (or your kin!) made it.
Here’s the ins and outs of the linky……
Please encourage all to join in!
- #little makes will run twice a month on the first and the third Friday (the first is over at Thimble and Twig and on the third it is right here with me at One of Each)
- Share some blog love people! Please comment on the hosts posts and the post before yours but we’d love it if you commented on more. Please share, share away!
- #littlemakes Linky will open for entries on the Friday morning and close midnight on the following Friday (You have one week to link up and comment basically)
- You can link up as many posts as you like
- Please add the blog button below to any posts you link up
- Use the tag #littlemakes in your comments so the recipients know how you found them
- #littlemakes will also run on Instagram so tag your photos #littlemakes and we’ll choose our favourite each week!
- Share your link up on Twitter and use #littlemakes and tag myself @oneeachmemine and @thimbleandtwig and we will RT
Add you posts to the Linky below: